Robin Buster


Vanilla Uses
Picture by: JackRabbit

This weeks WWII post is all about vanilla. One of my favorite uses, other than baking, is the one where it is used as a perfume. When we were coming up with this weeks list my mom told me that when she was little my grandma would use it as a perfume.  To this day my mom always associates the smell of vanilla with my grandma. 


Vanilla Uses


Vanilla Uses

In addition, you can use vanilla to wipe down the inside of your microwave to eliminate any smells. I would love to hear any special ways that you use vanilla. 

Make your own


Vanilla Uses

Vanilla beans can be very expensive at your local grocery store. The last time I checked they were around $6.99 for 4 beans. If you use a lot of vanilla beans or want to make vanilla extract for gifts you can by a 1/2 pound for $19.95 from Vanilla, Saffron Imports. A 1/2 pound contains about 76-80, 7 inch beans.


Related WWII Posts:
** If, by some small miracle, you worked at Amway in Ada, MI in the 1980;s and were the person my mother loaned the notebook to, please contact me. The notebook is a small (approx 6x9), black leather, 3-ring binder, and contains hand drawn patterns (teddy bear), recipes, and household tips and tricks. It would mean so much to my family to have it back.

0 Responses

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.